Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Answer for one of the bens

One of the bens writes:

When you are playing tennis how important is the style in which you play?

Recently I was playing and an anonymous friend served like a girl but he insisted results over looks. Is this true?



(Don't look like this.)





As a true master of the world of tennis I am the perfect person to field this question. I have long played tennis and I have long been given crap for it. Many people think that tennis is a girly sport and that it is for nerds. For me to overcome such stereotypical and discriminitory beliefs I had to have a style that was all my own and made me look as cool as possible. The style you play with is just as important as your God given gifts on the tennis court, and if you don't look good doing it what's the point in doing it anyway? To be good at tennis you have to be more like Wesley Snipes and less like Woody Harrelson in White Men Can't Jump. You need to have style bursting out of your ass if you want to not be made fun of, and that's exactly what I have. Unfortunately, I can't really tell you the different types of styles there are, you just have to find your own and run with it.

As far as results over looks go I completely disagree with that. You have to look good no matter what you're doing regardless of the result. What if some fly honees are watching. You'd rather look good for them even if it means forfitting a few points. That's just the way the world works. So remember, find your own style and always look good.

No comments: