Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Eighth Annual Pickle Day is Almost Here!

This Sunday on Orchard Street in NYC, the eighth annual Pickle Day will be taking place. It is hosted by the New York Food Museum and the Lower East Side Business Improvement District. There will be many new pickle distributors partaking in the days' events, and such pickle greats as the dill, the pickled cucumber, sweet pickles, bread and butter pickles, and garlic pickles will be available to eat. Pickle Day is a day Jews and sandwich connaisseurs alike look forward to all year.

Pickle Day will include all the free pickles you can eat, as well as pickle paraphrenelia (which includes...). There will also be demonstrations on how to can pickles, as well as other demonstration tables. Additionally there will be various forms of entertainment, including Shakespeare in the Park. And don't be ashamed if you ride a bicycle, there will be free bicycle valet all day. The pickled festivities begin at 11 am, but get there early because these go fast.


Mini-Todd's Stories - My brother and sister gave me my first pickle to eat under the false pretense that I would not enjoy the pickle. They foolishly thought I wouldn't like it, but much to their dismay I enjoyed that pickle quite thoroughly. This began my life long love of pickles.

No comments: