Friday, March 14, 2008

Can they still be lost?

For those of you out there who are unaware, it turns out that the Lost Boys is becoming a sequel called Lost Boys 2: The Tribe. Why wouldn't you make a sequel of a classic movie with an extremely high chance of making a horrendous movie?  I guess Warner is just banking on the fact that die hard fans of the original film and of the Coreys will go see it, but I don't think those are two things that they should be banking on.












The sequel is set to be pretty much the same exact movie as the original, except everyone is older. Corey Feldman is reprising his role of the vampire hunting Edgar Frog.  Corey Hain will be returning as well, although tragically that almost didn't happen because a dispute on ever popular television show, The Two Coreys.  Apparently, Feldman mentioned something about turning down the role and Hain got upset because he wasn't even offered a role. This led to a bit of a fallout, but thankfully the two patched things up and are back up to their typical tricks.

I was just recently thinking to myself I should shout out the Coreys and this has given me the perfect chance.  I love the Coreys, along with most child stars gone wrong, and always wished I watched more of the The Two Coreys.  Feldman and Hain are a dynamic duo, and although I am against a sequel of Lost Boys, I will never be against anything that involves the Coreys. They bring a passion to the screen rarely seen in todays films, and to see them on the big screen will be a breath of fresh air (unless this goes direct to dvd).  It takes a lot of heart to overcome going from such stardom to nothingness, and the Coreys did it gracefully, only very frequently dabbling in narcotics.  I would also like to see them on VH1s Surreal Life, but that's just me.









(Teen Heartthrobs)








Speaking of the Coreys, I think a great idea for a movie with be a Lord of the Fliesesque movie starring all child stars.  It would be like a battle royal between the Coreys, Doogie Houser, most of the Saved by the Bell cast, Joey Lawrence, Steve Erkel, and other such stars.  Whoever came out on top would be the king of the child stars.  Warner, if you like the idea you can sign me on to direct.  

No comments: