Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Answer for anonymous

Anonymous writes:

DEAR THE BOD

I really want to grow a beard but unfortunately my facial hair grows slow.

If i want to grow a nice beard i will have to go through a "trashy" phase where it will look gross like that kid in high school who was growing a beard at age 14.

Although i have faith that this period of grossness will last 2 weeks until the beard flourishes better.

What should I do? Be gross for success or just be clean and smooth until i can reach rapid growth

First off, you should look at an earlier question I answered involving facial hair implants and the like. You might find some help there. Although a similarly themed question has been asked I will still answer your question as if it were the first of its' kind. Secondly, I take offense to the part where you state, "it will look gross like that kid in high school who was growing a beard at age 14." I was one of those kids and I assure you it was never trashy. At age 14 I could grow a beard better then most adults and you can take that to the bank and cash it.

Anyway, if you really want to grow a beard but in order to do so you must go through a trashy phase, well than that is what must be done. Sometimes in order for glory you must go through pain, and it seems as though this trashy phase of yours will be pretty painful. However, you will be a better man for not quitting when the going got tough and your beard will be all the more glorious for your sacrifices and dedication.

Also, if you are yet to grow a beard at a rapid rate it's probably never going to happen. I hate to burst your bubble but I don't want you to have any false hope that one day you will be growing a beautiful, flowing beard. If patchy is the best you can do, well than that's how it is. You are just going to have to stay strong and wait for the beautiful swan which will emerge from the ugly duckling which is your patchy beard.

No comments: