Sunday, May 4, 2008

Answer for modonne5

Modonne5 writes:

First off, I have a new slogan "Blogging makes me feel invincible" and second I have a question: Why are asians so fast? Is it because they historically are shown to have smaller limbs? Or is it simply due to their inherent magical powers?

I'd like to preface my answer by saying that I feel nothing but respect for the Asian community. I took some heat for my Gary Coleman and midget comments, and so I want the Asian community to know that everything I say below is strictly for comedic purposes. I know that not all Asians are fast and thus all comments stated are just generalizations. With that said, let's get too it.

First off Modonne5, I'd like you to know that I too have wondered this same question. Growing up as a tennis prodigy I noticed many things on the tennis court. One of those things was that I was very slow. Another one of those things was that most of the Asians I encountered were extremely fast. I suffered many a defeat to the speed of an Asian, and I always felt that if I had their tremendous speed I would have gone straight to the top. However, I do not have that speed so I went no where.

Anyway, my answer to you is that Asians are so fast because, in general, they are pretty small but very compact. They have a lower center of gravity which allows them to explode off the ground. Their limbs are perfectly proportional to the rest of their body, and as such everything moves together as one with fluidity and grace. They are also very aerodynamic and so neither the wind nor the air cause them much problems.

Another reason for the speed of the Asians is that many Asian cultures started out as nomadic hunters. As such, they were born with the chase inside of them. Some Asian cultures just have that inherent drive to run, and it gives them that great speed in which they conquer many a sport with.

Also, many Asian cultures were once part of the Mongolian Empire. As we all know, that was a brutal empire, but one with great ferociousness and speed. You haven't seen someone run until you've seen Ghengis Khan run. It is said that he once ran the 50 yard dash in 3.8 seconds. Now that's speed!

Some Asians may indeed have magic powers, i.e. Michael "Thunder Thighs" Chang, but I think most Asians are just born with that inherent gift to run. I sadly was not born with that gift, and so I have always admired the speed of my Asian friends as they flew past me as if I was standing still. Magic or not, they sure can move.

No comments: