Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Answer for Matt

Matt asks:

what's your favorite number?

This is one of the harder questions I've been asked to answer, but I shall do my darndest. The way I will be answering is with a list of numbers that are in contention, and an answer in the end. Here we go.

The first number in the running is the number 7. Everyone loves the number 7. It seems to be a lot of people's favorites, which also detracts from it. Growing up, I usually wanted my jersey number to be number 7, and although I cannot remember what number I actually was, I do remember always longing for the number 7. Whether it was my actual number or not makes no difference because in this case it's the thought that counts.

The next number in the running is the number 9. Being six years younger than my older brother I always looked up to him. He was a legendary pitcher in little league and will always be remembered at Byram Hills for his incredible skills on the mound. During his years on the baseball circuit, his number was always number 9. As such, along with the number 7, I always wanted my jersey number to be 9 as well. I no longer look up to my brother as much as I once did, but I am still partially drawn to the number 9.

The next number in the running is the number 42. According to the author Douglas Adams, the number 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything, and as such it is hard for me to turn down. Plus, as can be seen on my rap name poll, 42 is a possible choice for my rap name. That's because I, like the number 42, am the answer to everything. Also, my initials (TEE) are right smack dab in the middle of the number 42 and so it is hard for me to resist.

The next number in the running is the number 33. As a child my favorite basketball player was Alonzo Morning, and so obviously I liked the number. Other noteworthy players to don the number 33 include, Scottie Pippen, Patrick Ewing, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Starbury, Grant Hill, as well as other greats. With those names behind the number it is hard to refuse.

In the end, my favorite number is 794,233. With all those numbers together, I can't go wrong.

No comments: