Saturday, February 14, 2009

Answer for odonnellMONSTER

odonnellMONSTER writes:

What's harder for you: Not eating carbs? Or trying not to laugh at Dane Cook? Thoughts. Fears. Digressions.

This is a straight up question, and I like it. I'm gonna have to go with not eating carbs. I don't know if that part of the question is a shot at my days of complete health consciousness and as such my unwillingness to eat various types of carbohydrates, but these days I indulge in all sorts of carbs and so it is would be very hard for me to completely lay off. Trying not to laugh at Dane Cook is generally pretty easy because it does not take much effort. Most of the time he is not very funny, especially in any movie he has ever been in (yes Employee of the Month, that includes you). To be fair, he was dece funny in Waiting, but that's about it.

Despite the easiness of trying not to laugh at Dane Cook, I am much more fearful of being caught doing so. It would not be embarassing to be caught eating carbs because everyone does it and it's no big deal. However, in the wrong circle, to be caught laughing at Dane Cook, or worse, being caught trying not to laugh at Dane Cook, would be social suicide. That group would immediately know that you do not have a particularly good sense of humor. Although his stand-ups can be funny because of his outragious behavior, most of the time he is a straight up a fraud, and so to be caught laughing at him at the wrong time could be very costly.

I have no digressions.

No comments: