Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Answer for anonymous

Anonymous writes:

todder, HOW (not why) do cat's claws retract? I've been surfing the net and haven't found a satisfying answer. I figured since you have a beard you might know. so lets hear it. thanks for your time.

Well, there are many medical reasons out there. If you ask your local veterinarian about it I'm sure you'd get some medical mumbo jumbo about how cats use sensors and nerve endings to tell their claws to retract and what not. I don't like that stuff and so I'm going to give you a better example.

Cats claws are the just like Wolverine's claws in X-Men. When that cat gets mad or feels threatened he/she just pushes those puppies right through. It hurts like hell every time, but who wants to fuck with claws? It's a burden your cat must carry with him/her, but that's just the way the world works.

If you want a better answer, just see the picture below.




(That's actually how it works. Who would have thought? I hope this answers your question.)





P.S.
My beard has no effect on my knowledge of the how cat's claws work.

No comments: