Monday, April 7, 2008

NKOB

I took a brief hiatus over the weekend and I apologize to those of you who have been eagerly awaiting my next post. Well, that hiatus is over so you need not wait anymore. Let's get right into it.

So, I am sure you all out there know who NKOB is. The New Kids on the Block had a bunch of hits back in the day, and strictly because I can't think of anything worthwhile to say I am going to let you know that Chinese food makes me sick. So anyway, the New Kids were a big deal back in the day, paving the way for other teen heartthrobs such as *NSYNC and Back Street Boys.



(A little piece of my heart will always belong to Donnie Wahlberg.)








Well, it turns out that NKOB wants to get back on the cheesy, sappy, 15 minutes of fame, make music to get under aged females to give you their underwear bandwagon. They have recently come back together and it looks like they may be heading back out on tour. This is great news for all the now women out there who are in their thirties who used to obsess with NKOB back when they were a teenager (such as my sister). For everyone else, it barely constitutes as news, but is funny none the less.


(If they make a new song the chorus should go "Growin' Up" and played to the beat of "Hangin' Tough." It could be all about the trials and tribulations of being a teen heartthrob and the ridicule you face from your friends when that is still the only thing you are known for or have ever done when you are in your mid-thirties.)






I don't know about you guys, but I am pumped. Seeing a bunch of not very good looking grown men dance around on stage trying to sing songs they made 15 years ago is at the top of my list of things to do. I'll be their wearing my NKOB t-shirt and hat and singing along to the Right Stuff and screaming and crying from the front row when Joey touches my hand. What a magical evening it will be. See you there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got tickets to their tour and all I need is some NKOB attire, you didn't happen to find any while cleaning out your house before moving did you? If so I'd appreciate it if you could lend me some.
Thanks